To achieve a society based upon the feminist values of social, political, racial and economic gender equality.
As a non-partisan political action committee, the Santa Barbara Women's Political Committee endorses candidates who support its positions and promote a feminist agenda. SBWPC is committed to taking social action against discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age or ability. To promote and fund these goals, SBWPC provides such events as Candidate Development Workshops, Endorsement Meetings, Cosmopolitics, Presidents' Circle Luncheons, Community Outreach events and Educational Forums.
20 for 2020
The Santa Barbara Women’s Political Committee believes that voters must put candidates with feminist values into offices where policy and legislation is made. We need to elect feminist candidates who will work to improve the quality of life for women, who will protect reproductive rights, extend the deadline for the ERA and fight for social justice.
Fall 2020 Candidates
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, US President and Vice-President
- Salud Carbajal, US Congress, District 24
- Monique Limón, CA State Senate, District 19
- Dawn Addis, CA State Assembly, District 35
- Paula Perotte, Mayor, City of Goleta
- Kyle Richards, City Council, City of Goleta
- Stuart Kasdin, City Council, City of Goleta
- Natalia Alarcon, City Council, City of Carpinteria
- Sholeh Jahangir, Goleta Union School District Board
- Patricia “Max” Rorty, Goleta Union School District Board
- Laura Capps, Santa Barbara Unified School District Board
- Dr. Jacqueline Reid, Santa Barbara Unified School District Board
- Wendy Sims-Moten, Santa Barbara Unified School District Board
- Robert Miller, SBCC Board of Trustees (Area 2 – Goleta)
- Erin Guereña, SBCC Board of Trustees (Area 3 – Eastside, Santa Barbara)
- Anna Everett, SBCC Board of Trustees (Area 4 – Eastern Goleta Valley)
- Farfalla Borah, Goleta Water District
- Lauren Hanson, Goleta Water District
- Sharon Rose, Goleta Sanitary District
- Ethan Bertrand, Isla Vista Community Services District
- Catherine Flaherty, Isla Vista Community Services District
- Pegeen Soutar, Isla Vista Recreation & Parks District
- Mia Rahman, Isla Vista Recreation & Parks District
Fall 2020 Propositions and Measures
Proposition 16 - Ending the ban on affirmative action YES
Proposition 17 - Restoring the right to vote to people on parole YES
Proposition 20 - Criminal Sentencing NO
Proposition 22 - App Based Drivers NO
Measure M - Goleta Union School District Bond SUPPORT
Measure O - Goleta Mayoral Term SUPPORT
Monthly Board MeetingOpen to all members.
Second Wednesday of the month at 5:45 pm.
The board meetings will take place remotely until further notice
Sub-Committee MeetingsMembers are invited to attend any of our Sub-Committee meetings, held monthly at various venues. Contact the sub-committee chair for location.
From the President's DeskThe latest news from the President of the Santa Barbara Women's Political Committee...
- September 26, 2020SBWPC Members, There is quite a lot to share with you this month. But I must start by saying the words that are heavy on my heart today: Breonna Taylor Breonna Taylor deserved justice, she did not get it. She deserved better. Black women deserve better. We must do better to seek justice and reaffirm that Black Lives ...Read more